Thursday, February 27, 2014

A truly magical evening at Cavalia


Oh my goodness.... this is the 3rd time I have been to this incredible show, but the first time as a VIP!

Now, technically, this is the first time I have seen Odysseo (since it is their first year performing it) but you get my point! :)

For my birthday this year, my mom paid for my ticket and M and I decided to upgrade a little to the exclusive Rendez-Vous VIP package, and holy smokes was it so worth it!!



We started the evening with access to the super swanky lounge and a scrumptious dinner buffet. 


We got to hang out for a bit and wait for the show to start.... and then we had to find our seats. Oh yea, did I mention we were FRONT ROW, CENTER??!!



That's right people!! We sat freaking 5 feet from the stage!!! *swoon* I could almost reach out and touch the horseys!!! During the last act of the show we were so close we were in the "splash zone"! They flooded the stage with couple of inches of water and about a dozen or so horses (with riders and without) tromped and splashed around. They even provided us with towels to cover ourselves up! :D

 I wish I could have taken pictures during the show, but that was a big no-no. It is seriously the most amazing thing I have ever seen, and I will go any time it comes here!

The most magical part are the pieces when the artists are controlling the horses without even touching them. They use verbal cues and hand motions and do these incredibly intricate choreographed moves with multiple horses at a time, and the connection between the humans and horses leaves me completely speechless!! 

I realize that I am explaining this terribly, but no matter how I try to explain it, it will not do it any justice at all! If you ever have an opportunity to go, DO IT! I almost burst into tears of joy from the second the first strains of music played and the curtain parted.

Oh, and the (almost) best part was the barn tour after the show! We got to see all of the pretty horses and we were actually allowed to snap some pics... those will be coming tomorrow!

If you would like to learn more or buy yourself some tickets, click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Your thoughts will appear after a quick review! :)