Sunday, March 3, 2013

A New Friend!

So I was browsing in the craft store the other day, one of my fave things to do, and decided to branch out a little in the construction of my keshis. I was inspired by one of my favorite artists, who actually got me hooked on the idea of kokeshi dolls. You should really go check out her stuff, it is fantastic! Anyhoo, she has made a ton of kokeshi dolls over the years, and one of the body styles she uses I thought I would try out.

What do you get when you combine these two seemingly boring wooden pieces?


The cutest new addition to the KaeleighBee Keshi family!


I don't know why, but it just makes me giggle!

And this stroke of hilarious genius came when the head didn't quite want to fit on the body:


Bahaahahaa! Just imagine the wooden ball as an afro, and the top of the body piece is the teeny tiny face.... I could not stop laughing for a few minutes at this little thing! I may have to do a one-off, 70's-era disco queen with this one!

That's all! Just wanted to pop in and say, hellooooooo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Your thoughts will appear after a quick review! :)