Sunday, August 3, 2014

Personal Revelations


Hello there lovelys! Long time, no talk!

Ok, so I feel like I say that in every other post, and I am pretty sure I just need to knock it off! So what if it has been a while? I know there are certain "rules" for blogging and what not, and I definitely agree with most of them, but I am trying to remember that I don't do well when I am "restricted". :)

I am a pretty creative person, and it is hard for me to stick to doing one thing over and over again, which is why I love making my keshis. They are all OOAK, so there is always something new to discover, even if the basic principles are the same each time. This is how I feel about blogging. The same basic principles are there... engaging content, striking photos, good grammar and spelling, etc. But I need my posts to have that "OOAK" feel, or I will get real bored, real fast.

This is not to say that I won't have some sort of continuity and consistency, but I thought that when I started this blog I had to stick to craft-related items since that is what my "business" is all about. However, I have come to realize that I enjoy more of the "lifestyle" vibe. This way, I can write about whatever the heck I want, as long as it is somewhat interesting and can have a nice picture or two to accompany it. :)

I know that I will still want to have some structure, and I will only write about things that I actually like, so there will be a relatively short list of things I blather on about here. But I wanna blather on about more than just craft-related things! We all grow and change and there is nothing wrong with that, so why not create things that reflect those changes?

The whole point of blogging for me has become more than just getting my keshis noticed by a few more people. It has become something that I want to do in order to connect, explore, inspire, and be inspired by.

I do hope that you continue to pop in and enjoy this crazy thing I call life right along with me. We are all just a bunch of friends, sittin' around a table, sipping yummy drinks, eating yummy snacks, and chatting away for longer than any of us realize. And I can't wait to see you next time! Bring along some of those scrumptious chocolate chunk cookies of yours, won't you? ;)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Your thoughts will appear after a quick review! :)