Saturday, March 22, 2014

A friend like Ben

This past weekend, I spent the best 5 days in the best place in the world with two of the best people ever! I will be explaining more about this magical place over the course of the next few days, but I had to start off with a post about our new friend Ben:


Ben, the two of us need look no more
We both found what we were looking for
With a friend to call my own
I'll never be alone


And you my friend will see
You've got a friend in me
(You've got a friend in me)


Ben, you're always running here and there
(Here and there)
You feel you're not wanted anywhere
(Anywhere)  


If you ever look behind
And don't like what you find
There's something you should know
You've got a place to go
(You've got a place to go) 


I used to say "I" and "me"
Now it's "us", now it's "we"
I used to say "I" and "me"
Now it's "us", now it's "we"


Ben, most people would turn you away
I don't listen to a word they say
They don't see you as I do
I wish they would try to


I'm sure they'd think again
If they had a friend like Ben
(A friend)
Like Ben
(Like Ben)
Like Ben


(Thank you, Michael Jackson, for letting me borrow the lyrics to your song, "Ben")

Ben is the resident kitty in Seabrook, the fantastical little beach town on the Washington coast where we stayed. This is the 3rd time we have stayed here, but the first time we were actually graced with his presence, and boy, did we feel honored!

He sauntered up to our deck one morning and hung out for some kitty snugs. We left and came back several times throughout the day, and each time he showed back up on our deck! We even let him inside for a bit and he curled up on the rocking chair. When we went to bed that night, we had to put him back out. He sat on our deck, guarding our little bungalow, for hours!

We told the people in the rental office the next morning when we checked out about how long he hung around with us and they were shocked. Apparently, he normally says hi to people, but quickly moves on to the next house. :) 

They were selling stuffies in the gift shop that looked like him, with a little sailor hat with "Ben" heat stamped on it. Of course we had to get one so that we could have our own little Ben at home! 


We'll see you next time Ben!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Your thoughts will appear after a quick review! :)