Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Nice to Meet Ya!

My happy place: Puerto Vallarta, Mexico


In school, and even in training classes at work, there was always an "ice-breaker" activity at the very beginning. That way, everyone could get to know each other a little better, and we could feel a little more comfortable in this brand new environment. At least, that was the idea. :)

I figured I would do something similar, and create an ice-breaker activity to introduce myself to you and (hopefully) get to know all of you a little better as well! I scoured the interwebs for a list of fun questions to answer, but if you can think of any others, please feel free to leave them in the comments below! Ok, here we go y'all!


  • Who is your favorite person in the whole wide world? My sweetie!! He is the only person in the whole world who I feel like I can be 100% myself with, 100% of the time. He is funny, sweet, thoughtful, smart, handsome, and I never get tired of being with him. :)
  • What was the first concert you attended? If given a chance, would you attend the same band’s concert today? The first concert I was crazy excited about was *NSYNC! I went when I was in 6th grade with my best friend at the time, and it was the greatest experience of my life! (up until that point anyway lol) I have to say, I probably would go see them today if they had a reunion tour!
  •  Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears. Bees, needles, dark water. To be honest, I don't know how these things became fears, but hot damn are they ever scary to me! With bees, the second I hear any sort of buzzing, I become completely irrational and ridiculous. I will run and lock myself in a room or the house, or wherever I can to get away from it! With needles, I will get physically ill whenever I can see them in use. Like, light-headed, clammy, headache, tunnel vision, and on one particularly bad experience, I up-chucked in the parking lot of the hospital! Not fun!! Although, I love getting tattoos... weird... And last but not least, I am terrified of dark water, like when it is so deep you can't see the bottom. Or even if it is not very deep but I just can't see what is in the water. I start to get panicky just imagining what may be swimming around in there, ready to eat me or drag me down into the depths as it's mer-slave!
  •  What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now? My love, blogging, creating, sleeping, and (oddly enough) all of the little projects going on at work! 
  •  What is the hardest thing you have ever experienced? I feel like I have led a pretty charmed life, and thankfully nothing truly traumatic has happened (knock on wood), but I would have to say that one of the hardest things I have experienced was when my dog bit my hand, broke it, and we had to put him down. On top of the physical pain of the injury, I had to go through the agonizing decision to put him down and all of the guilt that goes along with that. I still have little flashbacks every once in a while, and I just thank him for everything he did for me during the brief time he was in my life. Love you Pleth!
  •  What is your dream job? My DREAM job would be to blog and create art every day and make boatloads of money doing it! But honestly, property management is a pretty great alternative for now!
  •  Describe 5 weaknesses you have. Motivation, setting boundaries, saying no, saving money, procrastination
  •  Describe 5 strengths you have. Intelligence, creativity, intuition, empathy, positive attitude
  •  What is the thing you most wish you were great at? Honestly, I would have to say sticking with plans to accomplish goals that I have. I have a tendency to start things and then give up if I feel like it is not happening fast enough. Perhaps I should add "impatient" to my list of weaknesses! :)
  •  What has been the most difficult thing you have had to forgive? Being cheated on and stolen from. Now don't get me wrong, I have not had anything to do with this person since I came to grips with what they did, but I had to forgive them so I could move on with my life. And boy, did I ever!! :)
  •  If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why? I have two answers to this question. The first answer is Mexico! (hence the photo in this post) I would love to live there because of the weather, the culture, and the beauty. And if I were to live there, it would be in the magical place without rampant drug lords and violence! :) The second place I would like to live is Canada, for the free healthcare! lol
  •  If you could have one superpower, what would it be and what would you do with it first? At this point in my life, I am not sure what my answer would be. However, when I was a kid, I wanted to be able to manipulate time, without consequence. That way, I could stop time at the minute I had to get up to go to school, go back to sleep, and then when I woke up, I would start the clock back up and be refreshed and ready to go! I could also use it to finish homework and chores. See why procrastination is one of my weaknesses? :) Aw heck, as an adult this would still be the superpower I would want!
  •   What popular notion do you think the world has most wrong? The first thing that comes to mind is the idea (at least in the US) that nudity is synonymous with sexuality, and therefore it must be evil! I feel like we are WAY behind the times with that crap! I think that it contributes to the way that girls, and boys, think about themselves and how they should act. I think it puts unnecessary emphasis on something that should be natural and makes it taboo.
  •   What is your favorite part of your body and why? My eyes! They are unnaturally large, but the greatest green color! And they provide a fantastic canvas for fun eye make-up! :)
  •   What do you think people misunderstand most about you? That my shy and quiet demeanor in social situations means I am bitchy. :) I am not trying to be! I am just usually very uncomfortable!
Phew! This was kind of fun! I felt like I was getting a little wordy there, but hopefully you didn't lose interest! :)

How would YOU answer these questions? Do you have other questions you would like to ask me? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Your thoughts will appear after a quick review! :)