Sunday, February 3, 2013

Super Bowl Sunday!


As I have mentioned on my "About Me" page, I am an avid football fan. And as such a fan, today is THE day! That's right folks... Super Bowl XLVII! Now, while I feel like the Seahawks were robbed of the opportunity to play in this wondrous game this year due to a series of ridiculous play-calling, I am still looking forward to the big game in the Big Easy!

I really don't have too much emotional attachment to either team, however, I am putting my cheers behind the Ravens! There are several reasons why this is going to be my pick, the biggest one being that the 49ers are our biggest divisional rival and I want to see them go DOWN! Ahem... anyhoo, I also would like to see a Raven victory so they can send the retiring Ray Lewis off in style. Because who doesn't love a little touchy-feely moment in football? :)

The loyalties will be divided in our house, which should make for an interesting game-watching experience!

Either way it shakes out, it should be a good game. As always, it will be bittersweet. The final whistle as the clock hits 0:00 in the 4th quarter not only signals the end of the game, but also the end of another NFL season. As I shed a tear or two at that moment, I will be marking that glorious date in August, a whole 6 lame, football-free months from now, when the pre-season starts! It will be then that I can watch my Hawks pick up the momentum they ended this season with and carry it all the way to Super Bowl XLVIII!

Sea-HAWKS!!

Ok, my football freak-out is over! :) I hope that you, whether you celebrate the game or not, have a "Super" Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Your thoughts will appear after a quick review! :)