Thursday, February 14, 2013

Thrifty Thursday - St. Valentine's Day Edition

Happy VD everyone! I've always wanted to use "VD" as a ridiculous, slightly inappropriate, mildly immature, HILARIOUS abbreviation of the phrase. Forgive me! But seriously folks, I want to send all of you a little extra love in celebration of this romantic day!

To help me celebrate, I thought I would share a couple of ADORABLE vintage valentines I found at an antique shop in Ocean Shores. Unfortunately, this delightful little place was going out of business when we visited, and I can't even remember what it was called! I suppose it is ok that I couldn't tell you the name since it doesn't exist anymore anyway. Wacky Woman... something... I think.... anyhoo, down to business!

Aren't these cute??!



Ha! Doc Duck! :D


Unfortunately these were not addressed to anyone in particular. I love finding old cards and things with special little notes written on them. I like to think about the lives the people led, and what happened when they presented their loved one or friend with this message. Was it for their first grade-school crush? Did they grow up and get married? Did she give him a strange look, say, "Ew! You have cooties!" and walk away? Ahh.... young love!

And look at these other sweet sentiments I scooped up:






Some of this message came off, there must have been tape stuck to it at one point. Here is what I believe it says:

Lorette,

What's this I hear about you being sick again? Josie told me, and Abie (Able?) called this morning. Sure sorry to hear it. You will have to stay close to home and get yourself in good (something.. health maybe?). Let someone else (take?) care of (things for a?) while. 

I was at an antique mall a few weeks back and they had boxes and boxes of old cards and post cards, and I want to go back and get some. I think I may have found a new collection! I love having even just a little connection to the past and making up stories in my head about who these people were and what happened to them. 

I hope, that wherever you are today, you feel loved. And in case you are feeling a little lonely, just know that I love you!

Smooches! 
XOXO




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Your thoughts will appear after a quick review! :)