Thursday, February 28, 2013

In Review... February!


February 2013

The month of L-O-V-E has reached its end, and I wanted to do a little re-cap of the goings on over here at KaeleighBee. I thought it would be a fun way to look back someday and remember what the heck I did! And that day may come in, like, 3 weeks, but thank goodness I will have this record! :)

I thought I would start with a look at how I did in accomplishing the goals I set for myself back at the beginning of the month.

Monthly Goals
  • Get blog up & running! As I mentioned in my mid-month check-in, this one is a resounding success! And I am closing out the month with 21 posts in 28 days. Not bad, not bad... although I still hope to post more often! I just have to say, it has been such a pleasure writing all of these things and I have gotten more joy than I even expected out of sharing myself with all of you!
  • Finish commissioned Keshi. Ok, so I may have said I had made time to do this last weekend, buuuuut.... I sorta didn't do it! :( So, this one is going to slide on over into the March goals! For whatever reason, I just could not get motivated! I have everything I need, and I am super excited to see what she becomes, it is just the getting to the end product thing I keep struggling with. But I will prevail!!
  • Pay off surgeon bill! Yeppers! A whole $1200 was deducted from my bank account to FINALLY pay off this ridiculously old debt... I am so glad to be done with it! Now I just have to put my other plans in motion and soon I shall be debt free! Yippee!!
  • Update Etsy shop with 15 new listings! Another one to check off! As you have probably seen, I have been posting liking a mad woman, slowly filling my shop to the brim with all sorts of fun things. I have updated you here with the first 10, and I shall unveil the last 5 shortly. I have had all of these things waiting here since last summer when I was preparing for the 2 shows I did, and it is nice to actually get them listed!
  • Submit app for November show! Still have to check this one off only halfway. The app is completed, I just need to send it in. I have to wait until mid-March when I have the extra funds to pay the booth fee though. 
Now for some "just for funsies" stuff!

Movies I watched:

I am not a HUGE movie person, I really have to be in the right mood, but I watched several this month that I really enjoyed.
  • Skyfall - This was the first of the Daniel Craig "Bond" movies I had seen, and it was pretty good! The theme song was my favorite part though, I have to say. Watching this movie sparked M and I to do a mini-Bond marathon and we watched the other 2 Daniel Craig films, GoldenEye, and Die Another Day. I have to say, I don't really like Daniel Craig as Bond. He is kind of a bumbling idiot, not smooth and classy like Bond is supposed to be!
  • Flight - This was very good! Denzel Washington is great as always, although the crash scene was incredibly intense. And I am not really afraid of flying, but that freaked me out! It just goes on and on, and it is so realistic! Spooky!
  • Mommie Dearest  - I had never seen this movie until yesterday! We came across it on TV, a little less than halfway through, and then I watched it again OnDemand to make sure I watched every insane meltdown! 
  • Chocolat - Such a beautiful movie! I forgot how much I love this movie, and I HAVE to get the soundtrack! I got sucked into this yesterday when I had planned on working on upcoming blog posts. Teehee! Oh well, I got them done anyway!
Books I Read:

I do most of my reading in the shower (I am sure some of you are asking how!) and there are several that I read over and over again!
  • Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen - I have all four of her books, and I love every one of them! This one is my favorite, but they are all fantastic. They are full of subtle magic and Southern charm. I HIGHLY recommend them!
  • The Girl Who Chased the Moon by Sarah Addison Allen - Like I said, huge fan! :) 
  • Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone by JK Rowling - This is probably the 15th time I have read this book (and the rest of them for that matter), but I just can't get enough! They bring back such sweet memories of when I was younger, especially the first 3. I received them as Christmas gifts from my grandparents in 1999 and I can remember cracking open the first one that night. My mom and I were having a "sleepover" in her room that night and, this may sound weird, but the smell of the pages of this book bring me back there to her huge wood-paneled room, where I slept on an inflatable mattress that took FOREVER to blow up with this ancient little air compressor we had. Good times!! :)
New Adventures:
  • I switched banks finally!! In fact, M and I, between the two of us, opened up five new bank accounts! One of which was a... duh duh duh... joint account!! That's right folks, I feel like a real grown-up! :)
  • M got a fantastic new job and I couldn't be prouder! It is a huge step up from what he was doing before, and he already has several other opportunities opening for him with this company. So exciting!
  • I am starting a SUPER COOL new collaborative project! I am keeping it a secret for now, but it involves my keshis and a form of expression I never would have thought would be possible to do. I am so excited, and I promise to give you more details soon!
Whew... This has been a pretty busy month! I hope you have all had a good one too, and I truly can't thank you enough for joining me on this ride. Here's to you and to many more months of re-caps! :)

Cheers! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Your thoughts will appear after a quick review! :)